G




St. George Unofficial Bank Holiday

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Two Jewish sisters-in-law.....

Two Jewish sisters-in-law meet on the street.

Ruth says to Golda, "Such news I got for you, Golda! My Irving is finally getting married. He tells me he is engaged to this vonderful Jewish girl, but he thinks the poor darling may have some strange illness called herpes."

After offering congratulations, Golda says to Ruth, "So, Ruthie, do you have any idea vat is this herpes, and can our Irving catch it?"

Ruth answers, "God forbid! But his Papa and I are just so happy to hear about his engagement. You know how ve've all vorried about him. It's past time he's settled vith a nice girl. As far as the herpes goes, who knows?"

"Vell...," Golda says, "I have a very fine medical dictionary, you know, Ruthie. I'll just run home right now and look it up and call you."

So, Golda goes home, looks it up, and calls Ruth excitedly, "Ruth! Ruth! Thank goodness, I found it. Not to vorry! It says herpes is a disease affecting the gentiles."
Leave fur where it belongs