G




St. George Unofficial Bank Holiday

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Contrast the way terrorist attacks are handled by eye witnesses in Glesga compared with the US.

America:
“Oh my God! there was a man on fire, he was running about, I just ran for my life..I thought I was gonna die, he got so close to me”

Glasgow:
“C*nt wis running aboot on fire, so a ran up n gave him a good boot, then decked him”

America:
“I just wanna get home, away from here.. I just wanna get home, I thought I was gonna die”

Glasgow:
“here shug, am no leaving here till am oan a f*ckin? plane!”

America:
“there was pandemonium, people were running in all directions, we didnt? know what was happening, I thought I was gonna die”

Glasgow:
“F*ck this fir a kerry oan, moan we?ll get a pint in”

America:
“We thought he was gonna blow us all up he had a gas canister, and was trying to get into his trunk, I thought we were gonna die, I just ran for my life”

Glasgow:
“a swaggered by the motor that wis on fire, and the dafty couldnae even open his boot, he wis in fire annaw so a ran up n gave him a good boot to the baws”

America:
“there was this huge explosion, it sounded like war, I thought I was gonna die”

Glasgow:
“There wis a bang, yi know when yi throw BO basher intae a fire it wis like that”

America:
“I’m too traumatized even to speak, I thought I was going to die”

Glasgow:
“here mate, gies 2 minutes till a phone ma auld dear, if am gonna be oan the telly a want her tae tape it”
Leave fur where it belongs