G




St. George Unofficial Bank Holiday

Thursday, April 17, 2008

University where it's 'legal to carry guns'

It's been a year since Cho Seung-Hui shot dead 32 people before killing himself at Virginia Tech University in the US. As America mourns 12 months on, Newsbeat has been to Utah to investigate the only state in the country where it's legal to carry guns on college campuses.

As Brent gets ready for class, he grabs a couple of text books, his backpack, and his 9mm semi-automatic Glock handgun. He straps it to his belt.
He said: "There have been a couple of times in my life where I've been wishing I had a way to defend myself.

"I've noticed that I'm completely at the mercy of other people and I don't like that feeling."

He's 25 and is a student at the University of Utah. Yeah, more guns, that's what we need.
Leave fur where it belongs